Weld Mount systems
A Unique line of fasteners and adhesives
The Weld Mount System which has recently been added to the KÖMMERLING product range is a unique line of adhesively bonded fasteners that attach to almost any surface – eliminating the need for drilling, tapping or welding. Weld Mount offers wire tie Mounts for marine and other industrial applications, hose and cable clamp mounts, studs, standoffs, and floating nutplate mounts – all attached with a unique non-sag acrylic adhesive which holds the parts in place on a vertical or even overhead surface providing a permanent high strength bond.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE WELD MOUNT SYSTEM?
In many applications Weld Mount adhesively bonded fasteners have replaced both mechanical fasteners and assembly techniques such as soldering and welding, drilling and tapping. The advantages of structural adhesive bonding over other joining techniques include:
- Cost savings, including lower labor costs
- Elimination of stress point concentrations by even distribution of stress over the entire bonded surface, plus improved load bearing capacity
- Often the adhesive acts as an insulator when bonding dissimilar metals eliminating galvanic corrosion
- Weight reduction
- Improved fatigue resistance, and resistance to shock, vibration, and thermal cycling over mechanical or welded assemblies
- Enhanced structural appearance because protrusions, punctures, and attachments are eliminated. Often visual fasteners can be eliminated by adhesively bonded fasteners.
Are You Looking For Solutions?
Our partners worldwide are here to help you!
Cost Benefits Over Drilling & Tapping
- Eliminate rigging magnetic drilling equipment in difficult vertical or overhead locations.
- Drilling and tapping thick metal substrates is labor intensive and slow.
- Drilling and tapping thin substrates leads to leak paths and threads fail over time.
- Weld Mount reduces tool and consumable costs.
Advantages for Composite Construction
- Eliminate drilling into composites, avoid exposing the core to moisture.
- Eliminate the need to use blocking to mount components, save weight & labor costs.
- Eliminate inadvertent drilling damage which causes expensive repair and delay.
- Can be mounted in difficult locations where tools and/or people have poor access.
- Neat and clean installation ideal for last minute changes and additions.
Advantages Over Welding
- Eliminate procedure preparation, review and approval delays.
- Weld Mount can be installed with less expensive labor.
- Eliminate safety review and fire watch requirements.
- Eliminate noxious fumes and gas ventilation issues associated with hot work.
- Eliminate warpage and discoloration and the cost of subsequent grinding and polishing.